Cape Cod Wedding General Flow of Events for your Ceremony & Reception
Feel free to modify this order to suit your own preference.
- Guests arrive and are seated for wedding ceremony
- Wedding ceremony
- Wedding Reception begins with a Cocktail Hour
- Arrival of your guests at Reception site
- Introduction of the Bride & Groom (usually into their first dance)
- Bride and Groom’s First Dance
- Cake Cutting
- Special Parent dance (Bride and her Father)
- 2nd Special dance (optional) Groom and his Mother
- Invite everyone to begin dancing (Dance floor officially opens)
- Dancing usually starts with slower songs, then the tempo builds
- Last Dance (farewell song) Let the DJ know if you want guests to make a circle around bride and groom.
- Tom Tuttle Wedding Planner Sheets (3 Pages – pdf). Print out and use to organize and outline the flow of your reception.